Why would someone feel joy?
Let us try to compile some of the possible reasons.
The birth of your child. Finally finding the love of your life. The day you finally graduated. Getting that dream job you have always wanted. Being accepted for a scholarship. Mega promotion at the office. Being out in the nature and get to the top of that mountain. Have a happy family and being able to be together every single day. …And many more personal moments, successes and happiness that may happen in ones’ life could bring joy.
In my personal experience, one or two occurrences mentioned above have made me feeling joyful. Let alone feeling an inexpressible and glorious joy! I wondered how that feel? Don’t you just want to feel that way?
It was two days ago when I was in the midst of completing my reading plan from shereadstruth.com called “Holding tight to permanent”, that I came across this beautiful part of The Scripture that made me feel full of inexpressible and glorious joy as I was reminded of my salvation by the amazing grace!
1 Peter 1: 3-9 (NIV)
3. Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4. and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,
5. who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
6. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kind of trials.
7. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
8. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
9. for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
The moment I read that passage I was overjoyed. How amazing was that. Here’s how I swallowed that passage with my limited mind.
We were reborn into a new hope. a LIVING HOPE through JESUS CHRIST.
It is all by GRACE.
That hope is ETERNAL.
That eternal hope is safely kept in HEAVEN for US.
That precious treasure of hope can be accessed through FAITH. GENUINE FAITH.
The earthly trials we got to face is only a LITTLE WHILE comparing to life in ETERNITY.
FAITH in CHRIST JESUS resulting in the SALVATION of OUR SOULS…
That is the SOURCE of INEXPRESSIBLE and GLORIOUS JOY, people.
SALVATION IN JESUS CHRIST.
Be faithful that is our part whilst we know for sure that God was, is and will be there all along. He is the only thing permanent… He IS the living hope that can never perish, spoil or fade. I guess we all now know for sure whose hand to hold each and every day?
Reading and understanding this had my heart sings with joy. With an inexpressible and glorious joy. That feeling when your heart so full you just want to smile all the time and share the joy! That is why I am writing this. Hoping you will as well feel that.
I can’t wait until the day He is coming. Yes, indeed… I could imagine that the joy would be so inexpressible and glorious to finally come face to face with our King.
Soli Deo Gloria.